This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide advice to patients regarding fee structures and process referrals, and to prepare and process medical accounts for a range of patients.
This unit applies to individuals who are skilled operators and apply a broad range of competencies in various medical administration contexts. They may exercise discretion and judgment using appropriate knowledge to provide technical advice and support to a team.
The course is based on the unit of competency BSBMED302B (Prepare and process medical accounts) and follows the learning outcomes associated with that unit.
IMPORTANT: While this course is based on the unit of competency of BSBMED302B (Prepare and process medical accounts), AIMAC is not a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). If you need to obtain a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for BSBMED302B (Prepare and process medical accounts), you should undertake this course through an RTO.
About this course
Format: Includes reading, watching short videos and completing quiz style assessments.
Course length: 4 hours (approx), self-paced
Certification: Download Certificate of Completion once you have finished all modules
CPD Points: Yes. Please check with your professional organisation or college
• Identify and advise patients of schedule of fees for different services
• Advise patients regarding entitlements and rebates
• Schedule medical appointments using appropriate booking and account systems
• Check referrals to ensure validity
• Follow correct procedures for referral
• File referral letters according to legislation and enterprise policies and procedures
• Accurately follow procedures for billing based on account type
• Identify and cost procedures which are not eligible for Medicate rebate
• Select and complete appropriate account and billing documentation according to enterprise and legislative requirements
• Follow procedures for preparing Veterans’ Affairs, workers compensation and motor vehicle third party accounts accurately
• Forward medical account to designated person or organisation according to legislation and account processing procedures
• Receive and document payments
• Prepare and issue receipts to person or authority according to legislation and office policies and procedures
• Reconcile Medicare payments with claims made by the medical practice
• Follow-up overdue accounts
• Provide and store financial records and data in accordance with policies and procedures of the medical practice
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.