To see access to
a global reality.
To raise the quality of global health reform discourse and debate, by improving the health system literacy of health professionals and consumers. We will achieve this by offering affordable and accessible, high-quality medical administration and health system education and training.
The journey of AIMAC began under the wing of Synapse Medical, an Australian MedTech company providing digital solutions to medical administration headaches. Synapse’s founder and CEO, Dr Margaret Faux, has worked in health systems for 40 years. She’s a nurse-turned-lawyer specialised in Medicare and health insurance law, has a PhD on medical billing compliance, and is endlessly curious about how the world pays for health. Despairing of the low levels of genuine understanding of how health financing systems work, she established AIMAC, to challenge learners to think critically, ask insightful questions, confront conventional ways of thinking, and explore the boundaries of current health system knowledge.
In Australia, more than 40 years after our Universal Health Coverage system was first introduced, we still hear Australians saying we should have a health system like the NHS, or that fee-for-service is the cause of all our problems and value-based care will fix it. We can’t have an NHS styled health system, and VBC won’t solve all our problems. There are so many well-meaning health system enthusiasts who are stuck in a binary time warp. Health system nirvana does not exist, and the ways we pay for and deliver health are profoundly complex, deeply nuanced, and continually evolving. That’s why it’s such an exciting area to work in.
We are passionate about:
- Every citizen’s right to have equitable access to the heath services they need, irrespective of their ability to pay.
- Improving the experience of health professionals and patients in healthcare systems around the world
- The long-term sustainability of healthcare systems
- Purpose over profit
- The planet
- We take our role as educators of health professionals, who may make spending decisions based on our education initiatives, very seriously. We will never teach health professionals how to maximise or optimise the amounts they draw from health funding pools. We will instead help them to understand the legal, ethical, and practical consequences of the decisions they make, and how to bill correctly according to law.
- We are trustworthy and transparent in all our dealings
- We do what we say we are going to do
- We respect and listen to others, nurture an inclusive work environment, and challenge all discrimination
- We strive to exceed customer expectations and delight them at every opportunity
- We use technology and innovation to maximise our own efficiency as well as that of our customers
- We consult widely and encourage feedback so we can improve our offerings and become a better business
Join us in improving health system literacy around the world.View Courses
The most in-depth courses on the operation of the Australian health system and medical billing are right here, together with courses on pharmacy, cybersecurity and more!Courses for Health Professionals
Dr MARGARET FAUX
Dr MARGARET FAUX
Answers to questions on any aspect of Australian medical billing.mbsanswers.com.au
Call us: 1300 510 444 or contact us via our online form.Make an online enquiry